Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Blog

I love writing in this blog, and plan to keep doing it as long as I have anything to say that relates to having or surviving cancer. That will probably be a long while. But, cancer isn't all I want to write about.

I want to write about food and books and politics. I want to write about outdoor sports and community events. I want to write about art and music and people. But I don't want to write about those things here.

So I am starting a new blog. On my new blog, I intend to write about my own adventures. I also plan to research the thing I am writing about, so I can place my own observations, insights and experiences into a larger context. Looking to reflect this balance between real life and reference materials in the title, I am naming it "The Adventures of Library Girl."

I kind of stole this title from a speech I did at Toastmasters once, called "Library Girl to the Rescue." It was a self-glamorizing account of the first day I went sailing.

To entertain you, and myself, I'm posting this as the first story on my new blog. You can read part one by e-travelling to http://theadventuresoflibrarygirl.blogspot.com/

I've only got part one written so far. I'll try to get part two up by the end next week, at the latest. In the meantime I will continue to post my thoughts, feelings, and activities relating to cancer on this blog. My mental and emotional health seems to depend upon it.

As always, I appreciate that you read, and comment on, what I've written. I like to think I'd still be writing this, even if no one was reading it. But, that's probably not true.

So consider this...if you have ever read or commented on this blog, you've helped me to keep writing. And, if anything I write ever helps another cancer survivor or someone close to them...you have helped them too, because I wouldn't have done it without you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful meeting you on Monday, Mage! I can't wait to get to know you better through this blog, your new blog and IN PERSON! Blessings to you!!!
Marla