Thursday, December 4, 2008

Choose Your Favorite Entry

Finally, I've got my technical problems fixed and am able to post on this blog again. Now I'm just wondering...what happened to November!?

If you haven't totally given up on this blog by now...if you still check it once in a while...if you ever read it, I could use your advice!

My cousin E...who is a published author herself and knows about such things, thinks I should write a book proposal for my Double Whammy Diary. She thinks I've got a third of a book written already, and that my story is timely and that my perspective is valuable. She doesn't think I need to do much extra work to get a book deal. Her suggestion is, send a brief proposal and a few of my favorite blog entries to publishers who might be interested.

My problem is...I don't know which ones to print!

Do you have suggestions? Which were your favorites? Which ones made you laugh out loud. Which ones did you keep thinking about after you read them? Which ones seemed totally original? Which ones made you wish there was more to read? Which ones would make you decide to take a chance on an unknown author, if you were a publisher?

I'd love to know!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for believing in me.

P.S. If you haven't heard alread, I'm getting married! More on that later.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay yay yay! You're back!

Carrie said...

OK, and to actually answer your question....I'm going to suggest four entries. One from before the surgery, the two describing the surgery, and one post-surgery. I think you should choose entries that showcase your honesty, humor, and serious introspection. (Which are qualities that don't often come together.) I like the entries:

How I Found My Lump
Surgery Day, parts one and two
Good Enough

I've already said it, but I think this is a great idea, and I'm going to be totally jealous when you have a book deal.

Unknown said...

My faves:

It might be a big deal

Cancer is my piano

Diagnosis/Termination

A breast named...?

The bumper sticker foundation

My 10 step program

HTH,

Jim

kim the midwife said...

the prosthetic fitting entry that i stole... and i'll think more on it.

kim the midwife said...

this is a perfect paragraph. it is so "you":

"The problem is, if I use the little pocket, I can’t get her out again without practically undressing. This makes an awkward follow up to my frequent invitation, “Hey, wanna see my fake breast?” When I can’t plunge into my neckline and whip her out at a moments notice, I feel like I shouldn't even mention her existence. Being forced to err on the side of modesty and tact might seem like another plus side to using the pocket, but it’s not. Shameless exploitation of show and tell opportunities is one of the entitlements that comes along with breast cancer survivorship, and I like to make full use of it."