Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What I've been doing

Good Morning!

Gosh, I don't know how an unemployed person can be so busy. I haven't posted lately because I've been working on...

1. Applying for a part-time medical writing job. Applicants can live anywhere in the country. If I get the job, they will fly me to seminars where I will listen to reports on clinical studies and other health related information. Then, I get to go home and write up summaries. With my drug-selling background and hobby of writing, it's a good fit. Even better, most of the seminars will be in Maryland...very close to where my mom, sister and grandma live.

2. Beginning a fundraising project for a modern dance company here in Denver. They are just fabulous. Check them out at http://www.kimrobardsdance.org/.

3. Finishing up some articles I've written lately, and fishing around to see if I can actually get them published somewhere.

Those are just the main projects from the last few days. It seems like I've got a hundered other little things on my mind. I remember when I used to read the personal ads on craiglist...there were alwasy people on-line saying they were bored. I just can't imagine. There is so much to do!

Aside from work-type activities, I'm also having a very good time:

1. Hanging out with C. whenever she can find a littel pocket of time between her intense work and school schedule. Sunday we strolled through the Botanic Gardens, which are only a few blocks from her house. Beautiful!

2. Reconnecting with old friends, most of whom I haven't really seen or talked to much for 5 years or more. So much fun.

3. Exploring a significant spark with an old flame. I'll write more about this in it's own post. Post-mastectomy romance is a topic that really deserves it's own spotlight in this blog.

So, I'm sorry I haven't written much lately. This is what I've been up to, if you're curious.

I'm sure I'll write more soon.

No comments: