Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 13th Midnight Nipple Pinchers

I woke up in the middle of the night because someone was pinching my right nipple really hard! Well, that's what it felt like. I took two tylenol and tried to go back to sleep but it was hard. Could you sleep with someone pinching your nipple?

I tried to read for a while. I've been slogging through Your Inner Fish which is the perfect post-surgery book. It has an interesting enough concept that I want to read it, but is technical and dry enough that it puts me right to sleep! I was too sleepy too keep my eyes open for reading, but too pinched to sleep. So, I just layed there in the dark brainstorming about how to get Dr. Rocco on to Oprah so she can talk about breast cancer. I had some good ideas!

Finally the pincher let up and I went back to sleep.

I know people who have lost a limb sometimes have phantom pain and other sensations from the nerves that used to go to the missing apendage. I have never heard of phantom nipple syndrome! Have you? I wonder if last night was just my body trying to process the pain from my new scar trying to heal, or if these sensations will continue even after I'm all healed up.

No comments: