Saturday, August 16, 2008

August 16th First full day with no drainage bulb or padding

My chest hurts. I am still not able to look at my own body...or really touch the place where my breast used to be, but I did look at the pictures that mom took of my chest yesterday. (She was very sweet and didn't argue when I demanded that she photo-document the appointment.)

She had said it looked really good, meaning the skin was pink and healthy and the incision seemed to be healing well. But, I just cried looking at them. I look like I've been mauled. part of it is that my breast is gone...which makes the other one look weird too. Part of it is that my skin is all red and sore where the tape from the bandage used to be. It's also dirty in the way that things get dirty when they have glue on them and all the dirt and fuzz and stuff from regular living sticks to the glue.

I'm sorry if I'm a bad writer. Today I have kind of lost touch with why I'm keeping this blog and who would care about any of this. I want to put up the pictures of how my chest looks now...but I'm afraid they are too gross.

I finally finished the post I was working called "August 8 Surgery day; part two." I thought when I finished and "published" it, that it would go to the front as the most recent thing...but it didn't. It stayed back on the day I had started it. So, if you want to read more about my surgery...and see some not-too-disgusting pictures, you can go down to that page.

1 comment:

Trillium said...

Hey Mage sweetie,
Please let everyone know I took photos only because you asked me to! Also, it only looked "really good" to me because it was a relief to see that your skin looked healthy and glowing and smooth. The incision itself was still underwraps. I love you!
Your Mom